Ken Smith Design Proto-J 4 in Candy Apple Red - Second hand
Recreating the magic from the 60's and 70's Vintage Basses, Ken Smith is pleased to introduce the KSD Proto-J series. All the stuff that made vintage basses great designed for today's player. Drawing on his many years of experience as a studio professional in New York City and as a world class Luthier, Ken Smith designed the Proto-J series to meet the demands of Professional Bassists around the world. Ken incorporated many of the features found on his U.S. Basses into a design that is familiar and recognizable to many Bassists. All the stuff that made vintage basses great, designed for today's player.
- Finish: Candy Apple Red with pearloid 5-ply pickguard
- Body: North American Alder.
- Neck: Canadian maple neck. Rosewood fingerboard - 13" radius, 21 medium frets, dot markers. 34" (864mm) scale.
- Hardware: Chrome tuners, knobs & strap pins. Vintage style bridge.
- Electronics: Exposed pole alnico pickups. Defeatable 2-band active EQ. Separate 9v battery compartment.
- Controls: Master Volume - push/pull active bypass. Pan pot/pickup blend with center detent. Stacked active treble & bass controls with center detent +/- 12dc cut/boost.
- String Spacing: 4 String Model - 19mm at bridge.
Local delivery in Brisbane southside available outside of business hours for free, otherwise store pickup available and freight available at cost.
*(strings and tuning machines not covered by warranty, damage caused by misuse or neglect will void warranty - if anything else happens please contact us and we will do our best to help if possible)